Dizzy Goals for Global Goals
- Updated: August 22, 2015
In support of the Dizzy Goal campaign we will be taking part to help raise awareness of The Global Goals and spread the word. Famous stars and teams such as Gareth Bale, Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer, Liverpool FC, Spurs and Crystal Palace FC are all taking part.
We’re asking everyone to join the biggest team ever and help us to Tell Everyone about the Goals.
How to do a Dizzy Penalty for the Global Goals
- Find 2 footballs and find a goal (jumpers as goalposts will do)
- Line up the balls at least 6m apart
- Put your hand on the ball and spin round it 13 times
- Run to the other ball and try to shoot a goal
- Tag 3 friends to join in and try and score their own dizzy goal
- Upload your video with the hashtag #DizzyGoals and make sure to tag @TheGlobalGoals on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
All participants should watch this video
As long as participants say to camera that they are doing ‘A Dizzy Penalty for The Global Goals’ in advance of taking a spin, they can say whatever comes naturally
However, here are some suggested words..
‘I’m (your name), I play for / I come from (your town) and this is my Dizzy Penalty for The Global Goals.’
After Penalty (If they miss)
‘I missed my goal so that world leaders don’t miss theirs.’
After Penalty (If they score)
‘If I can score a dizzy penalty then together we can all score The Global Goals.’
On September 25th 2015, 193 world leaders will commit to 17 Global Goals to achieve 3 extraordinary things in the next 15 years. End extreme poverty. Fight inequality & injustice. Fix climate change. The Global Goals for sustainable development could get these things done. In all countries. For all people.